If you’re suffering from Achilles heel pain, you know just how debilitating it can be. Walking, running, and even standing can be incredibly uncomfortable or even impossible. You may have tried a variety of treatments already, such as ice packs, rest, and over-the-counter medications, but to no avail. Shockwave therapy may be a treatment option worth considering. Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses sound waves to help relieve pain. Oceanus America offers shockwave therapy devices for both at-home and clinical use that can help with Achilles heel pain.
What is a Shockwave Therapy Device, and How Does It Work?
Shockwave therapy devices use sound waves to help relieve pain. The sound waves are directed at the area that is causing pain, and this helps to break up the pain-causing inflammation and stimulate the healing process. Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment, which means that it doesn’t involve any surgical procedures or injections. It is a safe and effective treatment for a variety of conditions, including heel pain.
Benefits of Using a Shockwave Therapy Device for Achilles Heel Pain
Shockwave therapy is a safe and effective treatment for a variety of conditions, including Achilles heel pain. Some of the benefits of using a shockwave therapy device to treat heel pain include:
- Reduction in inflammation
- Stimulation of the healing process
- Relief from pain
How to Use a Shockwave Therapy Device for Achilles Heel Pain
If you’re considering using a shockwave therapy device to treat your heel pain, be sure to speak with your doctor first. He or she will be able to recommend the best shockwave therapy device for your needs and provide instructions on how to use it.
To use a shockwave therapy device for Achilles heel pain, follow these simple steps:
- Clean and dry the area around the heel that is causing pain.
- Apply a layer of gel or moisturizer to the area.
- Place the shockwave therapy device over the area and ensure that it is in direct contact with the skin.
- Turn on the device and adjust the settings as needed.
- Hold the device in place for the recommended amount of time (usually 3-5 minutes).
- Remove the device and rinse the area with cold water.
- Apply a bandage to the area if needed.
Side Effects of Using a Shockwave Therapy Device for Achilles Heel Pain
When using a shockwave therapy device for Achilles heel pain, you may experience a few side effects. These side effects can include:
- Pain or discomfort at the treatment site
- Bruising or swelling at the treatment site
- Heating or tingling sensation at the treatment site
- Numbness at the treatment site
If you experience any of these side effects, be sure to speak with your doctor as soon as possible.
Reduce Your Achilles Heel Pain with Shockwave Therapy
Use a shockwave therapy device from Oceanus America to help with Achilles heel pain today! Our devices are easy to use and can provide relief from a variety of conditions. Shop now for at-home and clinical use devices.
Visit our website today to learn more about our products and how they can help you find relief from Achilles heel pain! If you have any questions, our team of experts is always here to help. Contact us today and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.