Did you know there are nearly 50 million Americans that are dealing with chronic pain issues?
Pain is our body’s natural alarm system, sending out signals that something is wrong. But what happens when you have alarm bells ringing all the time? It can be debilitating.
Chronic pain can hinder you from living your life, but there are non-invasive options out there that can help. One such method is called radial shockwave therapy. Continue reading to learn more about this non-surgical method of pain relief.
Radial Shockwave Therapy
To start, shockwave therapy began as a treatment for urological conditions in the early 1980s. Treatments were quickly found to be successful and branched off into other modalities such as orthopedics and sports medicine.
Today, it has come to be known as a well-researched and proven method for pain management and pain treatment.
It is particularly useful for treating conditions involving connective tissues like ligaments or tendons: think tennis elbow or tendonitis. It does this by sending high-energy radial pressure waves to the site of the injury.
Apart from the obvious benefit of pain alleviation, the range of shockwave therapy benefits are numerous.
The waves reach damaged tissue and help accelerate the regenerative process leading to anything from inflammation reduction to increased circulation. Additional shockwave therapy advantages:
- It is incredibly fast in terms of both treatment and recovery. Long-term pain reduction varies on a person by person basis, however, some therapy sessions can alleviate pain after just one session.
- The treatment itself can take as little as 10 minutes to complete.
- Side effects from treatment are limited. As a non-invasive treatment, shockwave therapy carries a low risk compared to invasive surgical treatments.
- Treatments themselves are not as painful as an invasive surgery would be. Typically, treatments have been described as similar to the feeling of a deep-tissue massage.
- It improves blood supply and circulation. This is important because a renewed blood supply is essential in order for the body to continue repairing itself and continue to grow new tissue.
- It stimulates the production of collagen. Collagen is imperative for the body’s repair processes. By aiding in the production of sufficient collagen, the body can then begin to repair damaged ligaments.
- It helps to break down damaging calcium deposits. A build-up of calcium can be what is causing the pain and tightness within the body.
Long-Term Results at Home
The benefits listed above, coupled with the long-term results of radial shockwave therapy should speak for themselves.
But you may be wondering what does shockwave therapy cost? It’s a fairly affordable treatment when looking at it as a long-term option as opposed to continued massage sessions or steroid injections. Treatment can also be done in the comfort of your home.If you’re curious about at-home management with shockwave therapy tools, be sure to contact Oceanus for questions regarding tools and treatment. We’ll be able to help you find the perfect device for your needs.